Monday, June 25, 2007

We Are Your Friends, You'll Never Be Alone Again.


Hot Damn! Mom was back on the air today.
I woke up in time to catch the whole ten o'clock hour while I ate breakfast and it felt great to hear her voice pumping through the kitchen HI-FI again.
Although she's not exactly "back in action" I'm glad Mom has made the choice to do the show as often as she feels able.

Here is a response to this morning's show posted by Mom's long-time friend J.C. Burns.

Here is a link to Andrew Zimern's food and dining blog with a post regarding Mom kicking cancer's butt.

And here is the news in City Pages posted by Mom's friend G.R. Anderson, Jr.
"Last week's news that Kevyn Burger has breast cancer shocked her friends and radio listeners alike. Not just because the FM-107 chat-show host conducted self-exams over the air every month—asking her listeners to play along at home, work, or in the car—but also because the lady seems so damn invincible.
She took to the airwaves for one hour Thursday morning to talk about her illness before undergoing surgery, reconstruction, and chemo. In typical Burger fashion, she was stunningly frank, but her wicked sense of humor bubbled up when she talked about losing her hair and her breasts.
"I got a good rack," Burger said. "I always felt I got a good shake, literally, in that department. I love my hair, and I love my breasts, and now I'm going to lose both."
She wrapped up by vowing to come back, and you can bet that she will."

The river photograph for this post was provided by Missouri photographer Jacob Bruton.

2 comments:

Silvergirl said...

We're all glad she made the choice to work when she feels able. It was a stunning show. You are fortunate to have such a truthful and straightforward Mom. And she's lucky to have such a loving son.

Melody said...

Kevyn...
YOU ROCK!! It's been so wonderful hearing you on the radio this week. I knew I missed you...I just didn't realize how much I missed you until I heard you on Monday. Hearing you again is like putting on my favorite pair of shoes that fit so well. Or like sinking into my favorite cozy couch. So comfy. Just like home!

Thank you for coming back so soon. Thank you for being exactly who you are. Looking forward to hearing you tomorrow!

Love,peace and hope!
Melody